Foreign Earned Income Exclusion

If you are a US citizen, you must pay US federal income taxes forever, regardless of where you live or where your income originates or anything else I’m aware of.  That’s the bad news.

The good news is, if you qualify by living in Mexico, you may be able to exclude more than $100,000 of earned income (not unearned income such as pensions) if you file single and more than $200,000 if you file jointly from your US federal tax return.  The way you do this is through the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion.  Most (but not all) states also allow the exclusion.

Interested to see how we can help you?  Just give us a call now at our US or Canada phone number 1 (520) 940-0481, or send us an email using our contact form.

Download your indispensable “How To” guide!

“If you only read one guide about moving your household items to Mexico, this is it.”

Free Download

We won’t ask for your email address and we won’t ask for your credit card.
It’s just free.