Why You Need a Legal / Mailing Address in the US or Canada When Living in Mexico

There is a very good chance that you will need to maintain a “legal address” in the US or Canada for all sorts of things, including for credit cards, ATM cards, and banking institutions.  You could use your sister-in-law’s, or your good friend’s, or one of the mail forwarding companies.

Please be aware that there are many US financial and other institutions that will not accept a permanent address outside the US and if they find that you do live outside the US, may even cancel your account.  (Most people just give them another US address.)

  • Decide what will be your legal US or Canadian address.
  • If you need to, choose a service that will accept your mail NOB(“North of the Border”; the US and Canada), scan it, and hold or forward whatever you need.

Download your indispensable “How To” guide!

“If you only read one guide about moving your household items to Mexico, this is it.”

Free Download

We won’t ask for your email address and we won’t ask for your credit card.
It’s just free.